Saturday, April 2, 2011

We are back...

I know, I know, it has been months since our last post, but we have been quite busy! 
In late January, we took a trip to Florida and Brooke had a blast visiting with her great grandparents and playing at the beach. 




She also played on a playground for the first time and has not looked back!



 She loves to swing and slide!
Daddy, Grammie & Grampa are building her a great playground area at home so she can play, play, play!

After our trip, we started planning for Brooke's first birthday!
On her actual birthday, we took her to the Georgia Aquarium.



We really liked the aquarium! Brooke loves animals, so she was completely fascinated by everything there was to look at and explore!
When we returned home, Brooke got to check out her birthday present...

She loves her new bike! 

Then she ate cake...or should I say frosting!

Brooke had a great first birthday!

Then cupcake craziness began!
My mom & I baked and decorated over 160 cupcakes and a giant cupcake smash cake for Brooke's birthday party!
(we will definately be keeping our day jobs!)

and that is just a fraction of the cupcakes...we used cupcakes as the party favors as well, so each guest got to go home with a cupcake in these cute boxes.

Brooke's party was at the Oakwood City Park in a little community center house with a playground outside.  Everyone had a great time, especially Brooke! We are so blessed to have so many people in our lives that love Brooke to pieces and helped us celebrate her first birthday!


To check out all of Brooke's first birthday party pics, click the party invitation picture below...

Brooke recently had her one year old checkup and she is now 16lbs and 15oz!
B is still in the less than 5th percentile for her weight, but Dr. Elder gave her an A+ for her health & development!  I cannot believe how much she has grown in the past year!

Brooke's next big thing is mastering walking!  Last night she took 3 steps and started laughing so hard she fell over sideways.  I can't wait to caputure her walking on video and share it here!

So, there it is, the last couple of months in a nutshell.  I promise to be better about updating...i am sure we will have many adventures this spring with Lil'B running around!

No comments:

Post a Comment